Monday, June 4, 2012

Travel Itinerary/Spirit of travel

I'm at Dulles International Airport right now in Washington DC. As I wait here for my next flight to Johannesburg which is in about 6 hours , I thought to myself, "I'm gonna post something, just for kicks." Hence, I decided to share my travel itinerary with you guys since I didn't share any of my flight timings and layovers.

So, I left O'Hare at 6am and got to D.C at 8am. I'm going to take South African Airways around 6pm to Dakar, Senegal. Unfortunately, I don't get to leave the airplane in Senegal because the stopover is for refueling  purposes only. Next stop is Johannesburg, where I have a stopover of about two hours. Finally, I'll arrive in Gaborone, Botswana tomorrow around noon, central time, hopefully in an airplane like this.

Also, while booking for my tickets, I chose seats close to windows because Africa is known for its beautiful landscapes, which I hope to view from above during the Senegal and South Africa stopovers. I'm so pumped for this trip. Just hearing the sound of "Africa" and "Botswana" gives me the jitters.I felt like this when Drogba walked towards the goal to take the final penalty against Bayern in the Champions League Final or when Nadal won the 2008 Wimbledon Final.

Furthermore, I was searching through my iPod to find the perfect song that would capture the spirit of travelling for my trip. Mainstream music nowadays, however, rarely strays away from themes of sex, drugs or violence ( No offense to mainstream music lovers); so, I wasn't going to find any answers there. I still didn't find what I was looking for from music from the 90s, but found something from the 80s, U2's Where the Street Have No Name.  (Listening to the song, I feel like I'm travelling to a place that has no name, where animals roam around freely without any boundaries, a place where there are no signs, and a place I won't be able to find again if I go back, but a place I'll always remember in my mind.) In essence, this sums up Africa's history, and its current condition due to exploitation that's rapidly changing the landscape of the continent.


Stay tuned for more posts...


1 comment:

  1. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2349055637784 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Doris Carter.

    ReplyDelete