Monday, June 25, 2012

Bathing in dust at the Kalahari-Mantshwabisi

When a part of a country turns into one large picnic area, it means something significant is happening. Everyone I talked to were talking about the big race, Mantshwabisi. I had no idea what the race was about or ever heard of it in the U.S. The 1000 km Kalahari Desert Race, which is held every year in the south African country, is undoubtedly the most popular sporting event in Botswana. It forms part of the inaugural Dakar Challenge. The Dakar Rally is an annual off-road race event, which used to take place from Paris, France to Dakar, Senegal. In the past years, the race has been taking place in South America (If you enjoyed that, you may like this too)The Kalahari Desert Race, though, was sensational to watch. It's nicknamed Mantshwabisi in Botswana, after a village in the Kweneng District where the race track passes through. The race takes place on a route that involves different types of tracks, riverbeds, thick sand, and some areas of the Kalahari. Spectators spent the entire weekend of the race 22nd-24th June chasing after cars, waiting hours at the stop-points for the cars to arrive, stop-point hopping, and camping at nights under the clear night sky in the wilderness. People save up their money and prepare for months for this event. The actual race started on a chilly Saturday morning, with thousands of spectators, me amongst them cheering on as 4x4 trucks and sand-masters battled through the 500km terrain for the day. The 1000km trek would be covered in two days on different routes, with 500 km covered each day. I attended the race both days. The family I came with to the race were stop-point hopping to catch the vehicles pass closer and where there were less people. We got to three stop-points that day with one close to the starting line, the other in the middle and the last closer to the finish line. There were a total of 14 stop-points. We set camp on the last stop-point. Along our way, we saw locals literally on tress and families preparing meals, and it was our turn to bbq, or "braai" as Batswana would call it, some quality steaks. Trust me guys! if you want to taste real beef or game meat without any hormones or additives we see in the U.S., you need to visit Botswana! The demand for African beef is so high that Botswana exports its beef to the E.U

"Braaing"some quality food
I got really close to the motor vehicles that passed by. If the race driver were to commit a mistake, this post would be unlikely. I managed to get some cool photos and you know where to check them out! Every time a  truck or sand truck would pass by, a wave of dust would blind every living soul in the vicinity. Surely, all I inhaled was dust. I wont be surprised if the grilled food I ate was marinated with some silica. Regardless, the food was delicious while I bathed in dust at the Kalahari.

Sand Storm!
Toyota won the race, while also taking up the runner up position. With this win, the winner will gain automatic entry into the much awaited Dakar Rally in January 2013. 
Toyota Hilux in the lead

5 comments:

  1. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2349055637784 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Doris Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,psoriasis,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Autism,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal. ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had HIV positive for 4 years,and I have taking different medications of drugs and injections all my effects to get cured was in vain, one day I came across testimony of someone who sheared how she was cured of Herpes virus from doctor James herbal mix, I thought it was a joke, but I picked up interest and gave it a try and contacted Dr James on his email drjamesherbalmix@gmail.comI told him my problem and he asked how long I was positive and how old I am, and I told him,he said I should not be worried that he will send me his powerful herbal mixed medicine that he believed will cure me from HIV, I said okay and sent him the amount he requested. 2 days later he told me the cure has been sent to me through UPS SPEED POST which got to me in 4 days time.I used the medicine morning and evening as he prescribed for me for 2 weeks I waited for 1 week then I went for a check up and I was tested HIV negative exactly as Dr James told me.I'm now free from HIV virus thank you so much Dr James. The happiness inside of me,made me to shear my testimony because I know there are still people out here with HIV positive and other diseases and don't know how to get cured contact Dr James for he is truly, trustworthy and a good herbalist man. Trust he's gonna cure you Email him on (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com) WhatsApp him on +2348152855846 He also cures diseases like Herpes virus,Hiv/aids,Hepatitis,Cancer,Rectum effects,Diabetes,Inflammatory diseases and more Mine coins - make money: http://bit.ly/money_crypto

    Mine coins - make money: http://bit.ly/money_crypto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everyone sorry I have been away for so long but so much has been going on and no time to post. I moved to New Orleans the first week of July and my feet hit the ground running. I have been working on my old house in Florida for the last few weeks and I am exhausted after successfully getting a loan from Mr Pedro and his loan firm at 3% rate to help finish my house ! So no time to work out, no time to eat right etc.....I so want my life back and I am so proud of what Mr Pedro did to me by helping me with a loan. I am going to leave Mr Pedro email here so anyone looking for a loan can contact Mr Pedro on ...pedroloanss@gmail.com or whatsapp text...+18632310632. Hopefully I can get my life back on track. Miss you guys hope to back on soon.

    ReplyDelete