Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ancient History at Manyana

Africa is often times called the "motherland". Ancient heritage sites are a commonality in Southern Africa. "Manyana Rock Paintings" are one of the important heritage sites located in the southeastern part of Botswana. Its located 35 km west of Gaborone in the village of Manyana, hence the name Manyana Rock. The rock paintings are located on a cliff on the west side of the village. When we got to the cliff, the rock art is almost non-existent. Its only when we got closer, we saw the paintings. Some of the paintings were faint, but others were almost indistinguishable. The paintings consisted of antelopes, humans, giraffes, snakes, and geometric figures. They were drawn/painted in tints of red, orange, brown, black. Interestingly, Manyana Rock is rare in that it's one of the few rock art sites with black painting, which have potential for carbon 14 dating
Manyana Rock (cliff)
Giraffes and Antelopes
The drawings are believed to be created by the San bushmen as part of their religious activities, some 2,000 years ago during the Late Stone Age and early Iron Age. Another significant piece of history can be found at this site, the Mmasechele Cave. The cave is of importance because it was used by Kgosi Sechele's wife, Mma Sechele, during the Boer invasion. She and her entourage of women hid inside the cave during the invasion. Mma Sechele was pregnant at the time and required protection. 

Mmasechele Cave

6 comments:

  1. Apart from rock paintings, Manyana is beautiful place surrounded by Hills. Kolobeng river also passes through Manyana and cold in winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know about the economic activities in Manyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2349055637784 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Doris Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete